Have you recently been published? Notify the Public Relations Chair.
- AALL Spectrum
- Class Action (WALA)
- Colorado Lawyer
- Computers in Libraries
- Law Library Journal
- Law Technology News
- Law Librarians in the New Millenium
- Legal Reference Services Quarterly
- Madison Magazine
- Marquette Sports Law Review
- PLL Perspectives
- Risk Management Memo
- Technical Services Law Librarian
- UW Law School
- The Verdict
- WisBar InsideTrack
- Wisconsin Law Journal
- Wisconsin Lawyer
- Other Publications
- Bannen, Carol and Shucha, Bonnie. “Write & Reach Out: AALL Chapters Tout the Value of Law Librarians Through Legal Journal Submissions” March 2004
- Bannen, Carol and Shucha, Bonnie. “LLAW Creates Success Story with Chapter Publishing” Feb. 2004
- Fritschel, Barbara. “It’s 10 a.m. – Do You Know Your Client’s Information Needs?” Nov. 2009
- Hassler, Carol. “Organizing County Law Library Information in Wisconsin” Sept./Oct. 2012
- Jaet, Julia and Cervenka, Patricia. “A Library Without Borders: The Marquette Law Library opts for an unconventional design” May 2011
- May, Cindy. “Member to Member Quote: What is your number one recommendation for work-related and/or recreational reading?” April 2009.
- Mumm, James A. “Communication is Key for Librarians and Publishers – Members’ Briefing”Oct. 2002
- Potter, Ted. “Configuring Computer Labs: Training Needs Dictate Computer Lab Design”April 2003.
- Potter, Ted (with Miriam Murphy and Kumar Percy). “So You Want to be a Writer: Writing Prospects Broaden Among Law Library Publications”July 2002
- Rao, Sunil. “Book Review – The Strange Alchemy of Life and Law” March 2012
- Schmitt, Carol. “Public Relations: Calling All Shutterbugs” December 2008
- Schmitt, Carol J. “Copyright Empowerment” September/October 2007
- Scibelli Bouthilet, Nancy. “Implementing an ERM System” May 2012
- Seeger, Paula. “Teaching Legal Research to the Public” February 2006.
- Shea, Alison. “It’s Pracademic: Maximizing efficiencies in the library school
curriculum with real world projects” December 2007.
- Shucha, Bonnie “I Want My Web 2.0: Reflections on the CS-SIS Web 2.0 Challenge” April 2009.
- Shucha, Bonnie. “Professional Development Committee Series: Just What the Webmaster Ordered” March 2002.
- Shucha, Bonnie. “It’s about Opportunities: Reflections on Celebrating National Library Week” November 2005
- Wiseman, Megan. “The Law Library as Place” February 2012
- Wiseman, Megan. “Librarians: Go and Be Disorganized” December 2012
- Wiseman, Megan. “Frank Sinatra Never Branded Himself as a Ninja” June 2013
- Zook, Jenny. “Buddy Can You Spare the Time? A Look at the Bright Side of Furloughs” September/October 2009
- Zook, Jenny. “More alike than different: supporting disabilities at the reference desk.” March 2014.
- Zook, Jenny. “Retirements in the age of economic uncertainty” April 2012
Class Action (Wis. Association of Legal Administrators newsletter)
- Bannen, Carol. “Billing for Online Research: Options, Options, Options” Fall 2005, p. 20
- Bannen, Carol. “Investigative Research on Companies” Summer 2003.
- Bannen, Carol. “Researching Individuals on the Internet” Winter 2003-04.
- Bannen, Carol. “A New Knowledge Management Tool for Law Firms” Summer 2005.
- Butula, Bev. “Blogs – Another Online Resource” Fall 2004, pg. 11.
- Butula, Bev. “Beyond Google – Alternative Search Engines Enhance Research” Winter 2004-05, pg. 1.
- Dedolph, Jennie. “Free Resources – Courtesy of the Badger State” Summer 2004, pg. 13.
- Schmitt, Carol. “Are Wisconsin Administrative Decisions Online?” Spring 2004.
- Selden-Huston, Kellee. “Librarians Save Time and Money for the Attorneys and Clients” Fall 2003.
- Shucha, Bonnie. “Searching Smarter: Finding Legal Resources on the Invisible Web” (reprint) February 2005, pg. 37. http://www.cobar.org/tcl/tcl_vol.cfm?PubYear=2005&PubMonth=02 (members only)
http://www.wisbar.org/wislawmag/2004/09/practice.html (original article)
Computers in Libraries
- Hassler, Carol. “Changing Your Domain Name in 25 Nail-Biting Steps.” November 2012.
- Hassler, Carol. “How we did it: Oops! Quick fixing links.” July 2014.
Connecting, The Newsletter of the Computing Services SIS
- Shucha, Bonnie. “RSS: It’s About Time” December 2005, pg. 8
- Schucha, Bonnie. “Too much information: filtering RSS feeds.” Winter 2006.
Law Librarians in the New Millenium
- Bingenheimer, Amy. “Professional development by the book.” January/February 2007.
- Noyd, Pam. “Finding balance: choosing between print and electronic sources.” November/December 2010.
Law Library Journal
- Barkan, Steven. “Should legal research be included on the bar exam? An exploration of the question.” Spring 2007.
- Gannaway, Amy. “God vs. the Gavel: Religion and the Rule of Law”(book review) Fall 2006
- Rao, Sunil. “Making Sense of Making Stories: Law, Literature, Life” (review essay) Summer 2003.
- Shucha, Bonnie. “Circle of Life: Managing a Law Library Web Site Redesign Project” Winter 2003.
- Shucha, Bonnie. “‘Whatever Tribal Precedent There May Be’: The (Un)Availability of Tribal Law” Spring 2014.
Law Technology News
Have to register to view: http://www.law.com/jsp/lawtechnologynews/index.jsp
- Bannen, Carol. “Evolving into Automation: A Midwest Firm Adopts West km Software” May 2005.
- Pritchard, LaVern. “Knowledge Management: Building Better Law Firms” April 2003.
- Pritchard, LaVern. “Web Sites: How to Measure R.O.I.” (article comprised of contributions from six individual authors) January 2002, 26-27.
- Pritchard, LaVern. “What Can Lawyers Expect as the Internet Matures? – You Need a Good Web Platform in Order to be an Effective E-lawyer” December 2000, 128-129, 152.
Legal Reference Services Quarterly
- Cervenka, Patricia. “Wisconsin Supreme Court and legislative history.” 30 Legal Reference Services Quarterly 141 (2011)
- Zook, Jenny. “I am the cheesehead: the law librarian who moved to Wisconsin.” vol. 25, 2006.
- Butula, Bev. “Bella is Bewildered About Blogs” January 22, 2008.
- Prichard, LaVern. “How Do I Read a Traffic Report for My Site?, Internet Roundtable # 27, A Continuing Discussion of Law Firm Marketing on the Internet” February 1, 2002.
- Schucha, Bonnie. “IM a Librarian: Establishing a Virtual Reference Service with Little Cost or Technical Skill” August 27, 2007
- Schucha, Bonnie “The State of the Law Library Blogsphere” Aug. 15, 2006
- Zook, Genevieve. “Technology and the Generation Gap” August 27, 2007
- Kingsbury, Kathryn. “Who Could Keep a Lawyer Quiet?” (features law librarian Heidi Yelk) January 2005.
Marquette Sports Law Review
- Cervenka, Patricia. “Free shoes for primary and secondary schools: playing by the rules of Title IX” Fall 2006
- Duffey, Diane. “Law Librarians Give Construction Work a Try in New Orleans” Fall 2007.
- Koshollek, Mary. “The No-Asshole Rule: Building a Civilized Workplace and Surviving One That Isn’t” (book review). Spring 2008.
- Selden-Huston, Kellee L. “Advice Column: How do I Shrink My Library? Encouraging the Switch From Print to Online Resources” Winter 2008.
- Selden-Huston, Kellee L. “Law Libraries and the Great Wall of China” Winter 2009.
Risk Management Memo
- Schucha, Bonnie. “Blogs: The Hot New Technology for Communication and Information” 2nd Quarter 2006.
Technical Services Law Librarian
- May, Cindy. “Two Fortnights in Sheffield: Report on a Law Librarian Exchange” March 2003.
UW Law School Newsletter
- Zook, Jenny. “Articles and Web Sites on Identity Theft” February 2006.
- Bev Butula and Diane Duffey. “The Evolving Web: Challenges for Legal Professionals” Fall 2008.
- Seeger, Paula. “Essential Wisconsin Legal Resources Available for Free on the Internet” Winter 2005.
- Bannen, Carol. Search Public Records With TLO, the New Kid on the Block, Only Costs $1. September 2012
- Bannen, Carol. Stay ahead of your clients’ business needs with free email alerts from Wisconsin business publications. December 2011
- Bannen, Carol. Use Elists to Expand Your Network and Meet Subject-Matter Experts, Join One Today. November 2012
- Bland, Beth. Legal research: election and voting resources on the web. January 2016
- Bouthilet, Nancy Scibelli Law Firm Newsletters: A Great Way to Track Changes in the Law, But How Do You Find Them? October 2012
- Butula, Bev. Crime and criminal law research: look beyond case law. March 2014
- Butula, Bev. Don’t Labor Over Employment Law Resources: Try These Internet Resources. April 2013
- Butula, Bev. Google: search enhancements hidden right in your search box. December 2014
- Butula, Bev. Researching state courts? It’s as easy as 1-2-3 when you visit the National Center for State Courts’ website. March 2011
- Butula, Bev. What do mobile technology, matrix codes, and the Wisconsin Legislative Reference Bureau have in common? January 2011
- Butula, Bev. Turn to the web for practice forms. November 2010
- Butula, Bev. Searching for real estate data? Online resources worth checking out. October 2010
- Crowder, Amy. Crafting Commercial Lease Agreements. February 2022
- Duffey, Diane. Finding online medical information: start with free resources. February 2015
- Duffey, Diane. Inc. Links: company research using the internet. February 2014
- Fritschel, Barb. Bankruptcy Law Practitioners: Internet Resources Aren’t Just for Consumers. January 2013
- Fritschel, Barb. Federal pattern jury instructions on the internet saves time, once you know where to find them. January 2012
- Fritschel, Barb. Would You Like an App With That? Mobile Apps from the Federal Government. August 2012
- Gellings, Emily. Narrow your court statistics research: begin with these 7 comprehensive websites. June 2014
- Gellings, Emily. Stay informed about Congressional developments with Congress.gov. March 2015
- Gellings, Emily. Legal Research 101: Municipal Ordinances. August 2022
- Hassler, Carol. Managing social media 101: There are tools to simplify. June 2012
- Hassler, Carol. Research legislative histories in eight steps. August 2015
- Hassler, Carol. Legal Research 101: Finding Tax Law Resources. March 2022
- Hassler, Carol. New Lawyers: Grow Your Practice by Reusing Knowledge. June 2022
- Higden Getter, Kara. Alternative energy resources: a primer on wind and solar energy research. November 2015
- Humiston, Angela. 101: How to Access Wisconsin Appellate Briefs. May 2013
- Koshollek, Mary. Need a Legal Classic: Try the Web for Historical Research. April 2012
- Koshollek, Mary. A fresh look for the Wisconsin Statutes: Using the new web platform. November 2011
- Koshollek, Mary. A Review of Free Fastcase Mobile App. December 2012
- Koshollek, Mary. Wisconsin.gov: your portal to state government. July 2015
- Lynch, Aly. Looking for Expert Witnesses? Internet Sites Go Beyond Basic Directories. March 2012
- Lynch, Aly. Searching Public Records, Like Legal Research, Is No Picnic. July 2013
- Lynch, Aly. Tracking Your CLE Doesn’t Have To Be a Chore; Resources Are Available. July 2012
- Mac Gregor, Don. Legal oddities: goats on a roof and authentic farting hippo toys. December 2015
- Manriquez, Liz. Securities Law Resources. May 2022
- Olsen, Laura. Avoid the dark and stormy night: online weather information resources. October 2015
- Olsen, Laura. Research update: recent improvements to Wisconsin Statutes e-book. April 2014
- Olsen, Laura. Still charging clients for legal research? You might want to rethink that. October 2014
- Olsen, Laura. Wisconsin Statutes eBook: Check Out the Beta Version. June 2013
- Rogers, Devin. Justia opinion alerts: an easy way to keep up on recent case law. May 2014
- Schutz, Elizabeth. Grammar and Writing Websites Worth a Peek. March 2013
- Scibelli Bouthilet, Nancy. Law Firm Articles: A Great Way to Track Changes in the Law, But How Do You Find Them? October 2012
- Smith Wendy, Resources for Seeking Expungement of Criminal Conviction and Arrest Records. July 2022
- Turner, Kris. Link rot and lawyers: preserving online citations. January 2015
- Turner, Kris. The Mobile Lawyer: Android and iPad apps you can use in the courtroom and in legal research. January 2014
- Von Der Heide, Connie. Legal research: staying current on legal ethics issues. February 2012
- Winkler, Lisa. Using MyHein to Minimize Your Legal Research Time. May 2015
- Zook, Jenny. Legal research: tax law resources and mobile apps. March 2016
- Zook, Jenny. Mobile apps for the intellectual property professional. September 2015
- Zook, Jenny. Water law in Wisconsin: are you ready for the global demand and economic opportunities? November 2014
- Zook, Jenny. Music Law Resources. April 2022
- Zook, Jenny. Researching Wisconsin Water Law. May 2022
Wisconsin Law Journal
- Bland, Beth. “Findlaw for Legal Professionals: An Overview” April 27, 2004, 17A.
- Butula, Bev. “A Sampling of Sites: A Glimpse at Wisconsin’s State, Municipal Web Pages” May 5, 2004.
- Butula, Bev. “Beyond Google – Alternate Search Engines Enhance Research” July 21, 2004, 12A.
- Butula, Bev. “Lawyer Searches Should Start, End with Google” May 24, 2012.
- Butula, Bev. “Online options for researching attorneys” August 11, 2008.
- Butula, Bev. “Online Resources for Going Green” February 25, 2008.
- Butula, Beverly. Recurring Legal Blog.
- Butula, Bev. “Statistical Web Sites by the Numbers” August 3, 2005.
- Dedolph, Jennie. “Free Resources – Courtesy of the Badger State” April 14, 2004.
- Dedolph, Jennie. “Free Information in Wisconsin: Getting What You (Don’t) Pay For – CCAP & CRIS” Feb. 4, 2004.
- Duffey, Diane. “To Google or Not to Google? Different Web Research Tactics,” Oct. 5, 2005
- Dugan, Laura Olsen. “Springboard state, federal and international statutory research” Feb. 9, 2009
- Dugan, Laura Olsen. “Stay on top of state’s legislative activity with e-mail notification” January 26, 2009
- Dugan, Laura Olsen and Scibelli, Nancy. “Info on the Go: Legal research via your handheld device” April 27, 2009
- Kuehl, Heidi. “Cost-Effective Canadian Legal Research: Finding Free Canadian Legal Materials on the Internet” Dec. 29, 2004.
- O’Toole, Susan and Shelton, Liz. “Environmental Law Resources on the Internet” July 23, 2003.
- Seeger, Paula. “Unmined Gold: Finding Wisconsin Local Legal Resources” Sept. 21, 2005, 4A
- Schmitt, Carol. “Are Wisconsin Administrative Decisions Online?” Nov. 5, 2003, 9A.
- Shucha, Bonnie. “Terms & Connectors v. Natural Language Searching” June 18, 2003, 10A.
- Turner, Chris. “Library Law: Intellectual Freedom, Privacy, and Governance” March 2022
- Von Der Heide, Connie. “Locating Wisconsin Appellate Case Information and Briefs” August 4, 2004
- Bannen, Carol. “Mining for Company Nuggets” September 2003.
- Bannen, Carol. “Researching Individuals on the Internet” March 2004.
- Bannen, Carol. “Tips for Monitoring Cases” March 2008.
- Butula, Bev. “BLOGS-Another Online Resource” May 2004.
- Butula, Bev. “Don’t Be a Copycat: Reproducing Copyrighted Works” April 2005.
- Butula, Bev. “Online Access to Circuit Court Dockets” October 2007.
- Chan, Tony. “Gathering Competitive Intelligence for Litigators and Business Lawyers” April 2007.
- Duffey, Diane. “Using the Web to Research Expert Witnesses” February 2004.
- Duffey, Diane & Potter, Ted. “Using the Internet for Case Preparation” June 2003.
- Gannaway, Amy. “Using the Wisconsin Legislature Web Site” December 2004.
- Gannaway, Amy. “Researching American Indian Law Online” July 2005.
- Higdon Getter, Kara. “Bringing up baby: how lawyer moms make it work.” April 2015.
- Kelly, Lucy. “Cloud Computing for Lawyers (Book Review)” February 2013.
- Koshollek, Mary. “‘Google’ Your Way to Better Web Searching” July 2003.
- Koshollek, Mary. “The Essential Guide to the Best (and Worst) Legal Sites on the Web” (book review) July 2002.
- Koshollek, Mary. “Assessing Information on the Internet” Nov. 2006.
- Koshollek, Mary. “Reference Sites on the Web” December 2006.
- Koshollek, Mary. “A Webliography on Animal Law” November 2007.
- Koshollek, Mary. “What Keeps You Awake at Night?” August 2009.
- Schmitt, Carol. “Locating Wisconsin Administrative Decisions Online” June 2004.
- Schmitt, Carol “Looking for Info on Wisconsin Legislation” May 2006.
- Shucha, Bonnie & Yelk, Heidi. “A Guide to Wisconsin Legal Information Sources” July 2009
- Sefarbi, Mia. “Finding Administrative Intent in the Wisconsin Administrative Register” April 2003.
- Sefarbi, Mia and Zaporski, Kira. “Citing Unpublished Opinions in Wisconsin State and Federal Tribunals” November 2004.
- Shucha, Bonnie. Contributed to “An introduction: American Indian tribes and law in Wisconsin.” May 2015
- Shucha, Bonnie. “A Guide to Wisconsin Legal Information Sources” Oct. 2002.
- Shucha, Bonnie. “Searching Smarter: Finding Legal Resources on the Invisible Web” Sept. 2004.
- Shucha, Bonnie “RSS: Making the Internet Subscribeable” August, 2006.
- Zaporski, Kira. “Online Legal Forms for Wisconsin Practitioners” Dec. 2003.
- Zook, Genevieve “Patent Sites for the Occasional User” Sept. 2005
- Bannen, Carol. Opportunities for Firms, Librarians and Knowledge Management. 2013 Thompson Reuters White Paper.
- Bingenheimer, Amy. “Convergence: Information, Technology, and Training in Today’s Law Firm Library”
Chapter 5 in How to Manage a Law Firm Library: Leading Librarians on Providing Effective Services, Managing Costs, and Updating and Maintaining Resources (Inside the Minds), April 2008, Aspatore Publishing, ISBN: 9780314991805
- Bolgert, Sarah. “Be a (no-so-secret) agent of persuasion: a new librarian’s take.” WI Special Library Association’s newsletter July 2012
- Butula, Bev with Megan Wiseman, Patricia Cervenka, Leslie Behoozi, Jenny Zook. Find It Fast and Free on the Internet (Seminar). December 20, 2012 NBI (Webinar broadcast January 29th, 2013)
- Cervenka, Patricia. Leslie Behroozi. Wisconsin Legal Research. Carolina Academic Press, 2011. ISBN: 9781594605499
- Colwin, Jane (ed. Theodore A. Potter). Legal Research in Wisconsin. Hein & Co, 2008. ISBN: 9780837716862
- Coulter, Victoria. Report of the joint task force on vendor-supplied bibliographic record creation and distribution models. February 2014.
- Fritschel, Barbara. State Documents Bibliography: Wisconsin. Hein & Co, 2009.
- Noyd, Pam. “Finding Balance: Choosing Between Print and Electronic Resources” Law Librarians in the New Millennium. November/December 2010.
- Rogers, Devin. “Web-based mapping tools for your reference utility belt.” Ontario Library Association online newsletter 2012.
- Shucha, Bonnie. “Yes, There’s an App for That: iPad and iPhone Productivity Apps for Librarians” 2013 Best Practices for Government Libraries.
- Turner, Kris. “Presenting five alternatives to PowerPoint.” RIPS Law Librarian blog February 2016.
- Winkler, Lisa. “Before retirement: an interview with Commissioner Mary Beth Keppel about the origins of the FLAC”. April 2012